Welcome to Barron's online TOEFL iBT Campus Vocabulary Flash Cards!
Many references provide a list of academic vocabulary, which contains words that are commonly found in textbooks and academic journals, but these flash cards are unique. The cards include the most common
vocabulary that you will hear and use in conversations on campus at English-speaking colleges and universities.
How will these flash cards help you on the TOEFL?
By learning campus vocabulary, you will be able to understand the conversations on the Listening section and respond to questions that refer to them. You will also be able to
understand the conversations in tasks 3 and 5 on the Speaking section and prepare better responses to these tasks.
After you are admitted to a college or university program, you can continue to use this important list to help you interact with professors, staff, and other students on campus.
- Click on the Arrow button beside the word to hear the pronunciation.
You can click more than one time to repeat it.
- Click on the Arrow button under the Example to hear the word in the context of a sentence.
- Click on the Term Selector button to see the list of all the flash cards.
- Click on the Previous button to return to the flash card for the previous word in the alphabetical list.
- Click on the Next button to progress to the flash card for the next word in the alphabetical list.
To begin viewing the flash cards, click on the Start button below.